Sunday, May 15, 2022

Questions for a Friend

Yes, I'm back and I have more questions.  I'm sure some may be repetitious but you haven't provided any answers.  Let me get comfortable on the grass before I begin.  Oh, and Kate says hello.

First of all, why did you go?  Whatever happened to our plan?  You said you would go with me.  Then you changed your mind.  Why?  Was it guilt?  Was it old fashioned pride?  Surely you didn't buy the argument.  We had talked this out.  We were a team, you and me.  I thought we were on the same page.  We supported one another.  To hell with what others might have thought.  Was it your parents?  Your sibs?  Did they change your mind?  Did they even know?  Did they know I was involved?  If that's the case, they seemed to like me.  What could I have said to change your mind?  Believe me, I would have done anything to have you join me.  I wish you could go home with me right now.

You may think I'm ashamed of what I did.  Would you feel that way?  Well, I really don't.  My convictions held true.  Sure, I missed everyone but now we're together again.  Some hard feelings, yes.  But I was invested in my future.  I still am.  I'll just shut up for now and enjoy the sunshine. I wish you could do the same.  By the way, Kate asked me to leave these flowers.